If you are. . .
What is Beyond
the Bone Bodywork?
What People are Saying
Orr Hot Springs
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
The therapeutic benefits of massage have been known since 3000 B.C. or earlier. However, the benefits of massage
for pregnant women are a relativity new discovery. As scientists continue to study the effects of massage on pregnant
women and their unborn children, more and more benefits of the therapy are being revealed. Fortunately for the
world and for yourself, pregnancy massage is becoming an increasingly popular practice.
- Reduces stress and promotes relaxation.
- Relieves muscle spasms, cramps, and myofascial pain, especially in the neck, back, hips and legs
that may be caused by muscle tension and shifts in posture to accomodate increasing weight.
- Relieves the added stress placed on the weight bearing joints - the ankles, knees and hips.
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body's natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Helps with circulatory support of the blood and lymph to reduce possible problems with swelling,
varicose veins and blood clots. With increased blood circulation the body delivers more oxygen and
nutrients to the mother and baby.
- Relieves depression, anxiety, and nervousness caused by hormonal changes.
- Enhances kinesthetic awareness and your ability to relax deeply which may be
helpful during labor.
- After delivery, massage can speed up your recovery, releasing the stress of labor, encouraging structural
realignment, abdominal restoration, healing from C-section, and relief from the strain of caring for your
- Fosters nurturing, maternal touch and healthy bonding.
This will take you back to Pregnancy Massage